Re: Who are you anyway?

Re: Who are you anyway? by Kirsti from the Sierra

Blogging feels like journaling, which seems would be a healthy resurgence over Instagram YouTube TikTok if you ask me! I wandered into Kirsti’s blog by happenstance, I wonder who else is still blogging?

Kirsti asks the age-old question. We moms are quick to embrace the role of mother, by imperative, we sure know we’re mothers! But boy do we struggle to carve out other roles. I am a writer for sure, professionally and technically, plus several blogs. I should run, sometimes when I’m in sneakers and leggings, my step gets inexplicably bouncy, like my body knows it should be on a pace. But my face gets so red and blotchy when I run, and I stay sweating for so long afterwards, I really dislike it. I’m also imminently facing a major life/schedule change into which I’m trying to also fit a morning workout. I do have some history of success with morning running, and I do still have that cadence-calling running-in-formation playlist!

Kirsti, you want to be a saver - is that a money-saver? a thing-saver? a soul-saver? Or something else? I want to be a people saver, not in a religious or crisis care kinda way, more a I’m here too we’re in this together kinda way. I don’t feel that for myself in my life right now, I need to find/build/make it for myself first, so I can extend it to others. 2nd-Fam.

And I picked my favorites of the motivational quotes you shared...

Charles Buxton

"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it."

Larry McMurtry

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older."

Robert Brault

"The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by."

Sydney J. Harris

"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive