OMFG @ Remedial Graduate Math :{

Week One: Algebra Review & Linear Equations. Shit.

Algebra Review:
~Natural Numbers. Ok, got it.
~Whole Numbers. Ok, got it.
~Rational Numbers. Ok.
~Irrational Numbers. Wtf.

Properties of Real Numbers:
~Commutative, Associative, Identity, Inverse, Distributive. Had to refresh my memory, but ok.

Polynomials. Ok.
Addition & Subtraction. Now that's what I'm talkin' about! :)
Rules of Parenthesis. I remember those.
Multiplication & the FOIL Method: First, Outside, Inside, Last. Had to re-learn that. Shit.
Order of Operations. Thanks to building Excel formulas, I know that.

Properties of Exponents:
~Product, Quotient, Power of a Power, Product of a Power, Quotient to a Power, Zero Exponent, Negative Exponent, Inverse. WTF!! Shit!

Radicals. Huh?
Factoring. Simplifying - I can get w/that.
Greatest Common Factor. There's a formula for that? I always did that in my head, formula makes no sense. What's a "prime" factor?
Factoring Patterns. "When factoring polynomials there are common patterns easily recognizable..." Easily recognizable MY ASS.

Properties of Rational Expressions:
~Cancellation, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction. Ok.

Rectangular Coordinates and Linear Equations. Thanks to Excel, this is not totally foreign.
Point-Slope Form. I f'ing hate Algebra.
Slope-Intercept Form. Who needs math anyway.

Business Applications of Linear Equations. Finally, maybe this can be made useful somehow.
~Forecasting. Supply & Demand makes sense - but these formulas?!? Shit!
~Break-even Analysis. "Suppose that you are selling popcorn." Yeah, suppose that. I don't need math to sell popcorn.

THIS SEMESTER IS GONNA SUCK. :{

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive