Open Enrollment

Boy does this get more complicated each year! It was so easy when I was single: lowest deductible = plan for me! Now I have to actually look at our past and planned usage to figure out what will be the best deal for my family - will she end up in the emergency room at some point next year? - will I end up pregnant? - will he actually go to the doc when he needs to?

Then, with those questions theoretically answered, it becomes a matter of how/when I want to pay for all that - low premiums w/high deductibles and copays? - or higher premiums w/lower deductibles and copays?

My insurance offers an online plan selector and cost estimator - in many cases the combined employee/employer cost of the plan exceeds the expected cost of planned health care services!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive